Date(s) - 29/05/2015
9:00 am - 12:30 pm
QA Training Centre in Ripley
This course is suitable for anyone who works within the Health and Social Care Sector, including line managers, supervisors, reception staff and cleaners. It is also suitable for anyone looking to start a career in the Care Industry. This is a half day course.
The Level 1 Award in Health and Safety for Carers qualification, focuses on the importance of maintaining health and safety in the care sector. It is everyones responsibility to safeguard those in their care.
This course teaches learners:
- An awareness of a company health and safety policy and the necessity for high standards of health and safety in the workplace.
- An understanding of the Health and Safety Act 1974 and the duties imposed by it on members of staff.
- The legal procedure for reporting accidents and incidents.
- How to prevent hazards and accidents in the workplace.
- An understanding of how slips, trips and falls cause major injuries and how these can be avoided.
- The importance of wearing protective clothing and the purposes of its provision.
- The procedures that should be followed for fire safety and the different types of fire extinguishers.
- What procedures to follow if someone gets burnt.
- How to report first aid issues and what should be kept in the first aid box.
- The correct way to lift and carry objects.
This qualification will be assessed by a 30 minute multiple choice examination.
Learners must score at least 10 out of 15 questions in order to pass. Learners will get a Level 1 Award in Health and Safety for Carers Certificate to show that they have passed the course.
Click below to view Fact Sheet:
Bookings are closed for this event.