Date(s) - 01/07/2015 - 15/07/2015
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
QA Training Centre in Ripley
This course is suitable for all health and social care workers, carers and those interested in a career in the care sector. End of life care is a specialist area, but it must be acknowledged that end of life care should be provided by all care staff when necessary.
This course will include:
- Factors that can affect an individuals views on death and dying
- The importance of supporting an individual in a way that promotes care and dignity
- Knowing the importance of maintaining comfort and well being in end of life care
- Principles of advance care planning
- Learning to define local and national policy and guidance for care after death
- Your role and responsibilities in responding to key questions and cues from individuals and others regarding their end of life experience
- Identifying the range of support services and facilities available to an individual
- Learning how to manage emotional responses from individuals and others
This course will be assessed by completing a workbook which includes answering sets of questions and demonstrating knowledge and understanding.
Courses can be delivered on any day of the week including weekends. We can deliver courses at our training centre in Ripley, at your place of work, or at a local venue.
If you require more information regarding this course
please call Cheryl Stapleton on 01773 300296
or email email@example.com