Date(s) - 21/10/2015
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
QA Training Centre in Ripley
The Children’s Act 2004 places duties on a range of organisations to ensure that they have regard to the need to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people. This includes the need for appropriate safeguard training, as employers are responsible for ensuring staff are competent to carry out their responsibilities towards the safeguarding of children and young people.
This is a one day course.
Subjects covered in this course include:
- Understanding how to Safeguard and Protect children, young people and practitioners in the workplace
- How to respond to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been abused
- To identify key elements of the law on safeguarding children and young people
- To identify ways in which concerns about children and young people can be reported
- Know the characteristics of different types of child abuse
- Correct way to respond to a child or young person who discloses abuse
Bookings are closed for this event.