Date(s) - 30/04/2015
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
QA Training Centre in Ripley
This is a one day Awareness of Mental Health and Learning Disabilities course. The course is suitable for anyone working in the care sector, social services, health care sector, or anyone who comes into contact with vulnerable adults as part of their job. It is also suitable for people who would like to work with vulnerable adults or start a career in the health and social care sector.
This course will teach learners:
- How to describe the different types of mental ill health
- To explain how mental ill health can affect an individual
- To explain and understand what is meant by the term “Learning Disability”
- To identify ways of communicating with individuals who have a learning disability
- Describe ways of checking whether an individual has understood a communication
- Explain how multiple mental ill health conditions and/or learning disabilities, may have additional impacts on an individuals well being
- Understand own role in supporting individuals with mental ill health conditions and/or learning disabilities
- Be able to identify needs and preferences of individuals with mental ill health and/or learning disabilities, through observation and interactions
All learners will get a HABC Personalised Commended Certificate on completion of the course.
Bookings are closed for this event.