Date(s) - 15/06/2015
9:00 am - 1:30 pm
This course is suitable for new staff working in any environment including retail, manufacturing, food premises, schools and nurseries. It teaches learners that health and safety is the responsibility of everyone, including contractors, visitors and suppliers.
This is a half day course.
The Level 1 Award in Principles of Health and Safety in the Workplace teaches learners:
- What is meant by health and safety at work
- To state the main legal responsibilities of employers and employees with respect to health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- To identify the hazards and risks in the workplace
- An understanding of the need to report accidents, ill health, dangerous events and near misses
- To understand the benefits of maintaining a tidy, well organised workplace
- To identify health and safety signage in the workplace
The qualification is assessed by taking a 30 minute multiple choice examination. Learners must achieve at least 10 out of the 15 questions in order to pass the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, learners will receive a Qualification Certificate from the Awarding Body.
Bookings are closed for this event.