Date(s) - 01/07/2015
QA Training Centre in Ripley
This Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Manufacturing qualification is suitable for anyone working in the food manufacturing industry. This includes new employees, current staff, line managers and supervisors. It is also suitable for people looking to start a career in the Food Manufacturing Industry.
This is a one day course.
The Level 2 Award in Food Safety for manufacturing focuses on, Food Poisoning Control, Food Safety Hazards, Temperature Controls, Cleaning and Disinfecting, Personal Hygiene, the Role of Food Operatives in keeping Food Safe.
This Qualification teaches learners:
- The importance of food safety procedures, risk assessment, safe food handling, avoiding unsafe behaviour.
- How to report food safety hazards, infestations and food spoilages.
- The importance of personal hygiene practices.
- How to keep the work area and equipment clean and tidy.
- The importance of safe waste disposal.
- The importance of pest control.
- How food contamination can cause illness or injury.
- Knowledge of stock control procedures.
- The risk to food safety from contamination and cross contamination.
The learners knowledge and understanding will be assessed through a 1 hour multiple choice examination. Learners must achieve at least 20 out of the 30 questions in order to pass the course.
On completion of the course, successful learners will receive a Qualification Certificate from the Awarding Body.
Bookings are closed for this event.