The apprenticeship will be over a fourteen month period commencing mid to late October 2015.
We have a number of vacancies available to work in well regarded nurseries, with posts in Ripley, Clay Cross/North Wingfield and Wollaton. Other placements may be available shortly.
The positions are for apprentice nursery assistants to undertake a Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship for the Children’s and Young Peoples Workforce on a ‘Learn and Earn’ basis.
This is an ideal career path if you are interested in taking your first steps towards becoming a Nursery Assistant and caring for babies and children.
We are looking for enthusiastic and reliable individuals to be part of a friendly and supportive nursery team, caring for and meeting the needs of babies and children creating a safe environment.
Pay is negotiable with the employer but will be the National Apprenticeship Wage, or higher.
The successful applicants
Successful candidates will be trained to work as a member of the nursery team to ensure that all children in attendance receive high quality care, are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experience. Some of your duties could include:
- Observe, support and extend children’s learning;
- Plan appropriate daily activities for children;
- Work in partnership with parents carers and other family members;
- Demonstrate good practice with regard to special needs and inclusion;
- Work to continuously improve the quality of childcare and education
- Maintain accurate records;
- Follow child protection procedures;
- Meet the nutritional needs of children and ensure food safety regulations are complied with; and
- Ensure the nursery is clean and tidy.
Successful candidates will be given a 14 month fixed term contract for a minimum of 30 hours per week.
The training is based in the workplace although a number of training sessions will be held our training centre in Ripley throughout the term of the apprenticeship.
You will be given relevant training in order to comply with Mandatory Government Requirements, ensure and maintain the safety of the children in attendance and to improve quality of childcare and education. You will be expected to work closely with parents/carers and other family members.
The first part of the selection process, involves your attendance at 3 half-day assessment/selection sessions at our training centre in Ripley, Derbyshire.
These will be held on the 30th of September and the 1st and 2nd of October 2015 and candidates must attend all three sessions.
If you are unable to attend the 3 dates stated above, please do not apply.
Those successfully completing the 3-day sessions will be shortlisted for formal interview with the employer.
The key points relating to selection are:
- Desire to work with children
- Caring attitude
- That it’s the right career choice
- Enthusiastic about this apprenticeship
- Ability to communicate with Children, Staff and Parents
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please complete the application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to QA Associates, Unit 3A, Unicorn Business Park, Wellington Street, Ripley, Derbyshire, DE5 3EH by 5pm on Friday 18th September.
Late applications will not be accepted.application form, apprenticeships, Clay cross, job, nurseries, nursery assistant, Ripley, Wollaton